If you are a guy who is currently taking testosterone replacement therapy for men, you must know that there are such things as dietary rules which you need to follow, religiously. Such rules will significantly help your body maximize the effectiveness of your testosterone treatment program.
Here are some dietary rules you need to follow:
- Veer away from drinking alcohol. Regardless if you are drinking alcohol in moderation only, it does not take away the fact that it will hurt the HRT program you are taking. Alcoholic drinks tend to induce an increase in estrogen which is a No-No when you are undergoing TRT.
- Completely forget about your need for sugar intake. And if you feel a sudden urge for replacement sugars, minimize it. After consuming food items that are rich in sugar, the natural tendency of your testosterone level is to go down which is due to the surge of insulin from the pancreas. The human body does not need sugar in its raw form, but there is one exemption when it requires it the most, and that usually happens after engaging yourself in an intense workout or physical exercise.
- See to it that your body has adequate amounts of EFAs or essential fatty acids. If you are in love with your salads or you are crazy over protein shakes, you can incorporate MCT oil to your favorite concoction. The taste will remain unaffected by it. Additionally, you can also cook your food with coconut oil and consume monounsaturated fats.
- Incorporate the consumption of animal protein to your diet by adding fish, beef, and poultry to your planned weekly meals. Of particular importance here is the consumption of red meat due to its high concentration of zinc and saturated fat. Zinc, if you are not aware yet, is associated with a higher level of testosterone in the male human body.
Our best recommendation here is, if you have access to grass-fed organic meats, then don’t miss the opportunity to buy yourself those kinds of meat every once in a while. They are highly recommended for consumption by people who are taking TRT treatment since these kinds of meat products that are usually found in grocery store meats have high levels of chemicals and estrogenic bi-products.
- Take your magnesium supplements. Magnesium is valued on this aspect since it can significantly contribute to increasing a man’s free testosterone levels. Look for magnesium supplements that are high in calcium hydroxyapatite because they are critical to increasing bone mineral density. At the same time, it is also beneficial to your tendons and ligaments because it strengthens them.
- Get yourself into the habit of incorporating cruciferous vegetables into your daily diet. This food group includes cauliflower, broccoli, and cabbage. Consumption for these kinds of vegetables is essentially important since they help the human body in eliminating its excess estrogen deposits. Cruciferous vegetables are highly reputed for their indole-3-carbinol, a food compound that lowers a human body’s estrogen levels. Besides, they also have a high concentration of fiber which is critical to body fat loss and weight management and control.
The world we have today is teeming with “normal people”, the vast majority of us are being led to believe that TRT in Australia is not completely beneficial to your overall health and well-being. The worst part here is that there are also wrong belief systems hounding testosterone replacement therapy for men, suggesting that testosterone replacement programs may be detrimental to your overall well-being.